About Cambridge BioMarketing
Cambridge BioMarketing is a one-of-a-kind, global healthcare marketing and communication agency located in Boston, MA and Oakland, CA. We work with clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, with a specialized focus on those with rare, orphan, and ultra-orphan market challenges.
As the only agency with passion for rare, we value people who think differently, are curious about science and technology, thrive on uncertainty and complexity, and are continually evolving their craft to deliver great work.
Cambridge BioMarketing is an Ashfield company, part of UDG Healthcare plc
The Program Manager (PgM) has overall responsibility for the successful management and on-time delivery of quality projects within budget for up to 3 brands / accounts. They effectively manage all aspects of project budgeting, planning, management, quality control, and launch. They connect the communications and workflow across all projects (print, digital, social, media, video, etc.) and functions (CB teams, vendors) to be sure CB delivers holistic and measurable solutions. They work to improve the financial success of all projects in their control. They are working toward a leadership role in the Delivery group and may have one direct report.
The PgM responsibilities:
- Manage projects from request through to final delivery. Develop clear and thorough project plans, detailing internal tasks, client reviews and approvals. Set up and manage necessary touch points such as project stand ups, status, hours review, etc. Understand client review and approval processes and ensure the plan accommodates necessary review cycles. Manage projects with a holistic approach to ensure multi-project workstreams are not siloed and make sense in terms of timing and priority
- Manage internal cross-functional teams to ensure they have the time and materials needed to complete their tasks and understand their priorities. Work with resource manager and relevant management to ensure team members are properly allocated and staffed on the project. Ensure the team members are collaborating across functions.
- Manage projects that include, but are not limited to, print, digital, video, congress booths and sponsorships.
- Identify risk and potential issues before they become a problem and work with their teams, account, and clients to resolve
- Follow and lead team through established CB processes, including thorough reviews to ensure highest quality of work
- Create estimates and assumptions for projects. Run burn report meetings and work with brand leadership to resolve issues. Lead teams to ensure projects are managed within and delivered to scope. Flag when work is going out of scope and ensure resolution. Ensure vendor invoices are approved in a timely manner.
- Partner with account management to ensure the project team is aligned on what is required. Work with account teams to set client expectations and proactively manage concerns and issues
- Take full ownership in leading internal meetings (stand up, status, burn, etc.). Take initiative to proactively identify and solve issues as it relates to project execution and team spirit
- Interact with clients to relay project plans, status updates, communicate and resolve project information, as needed
- Ensure vendor invoices are approved in a timely manner.
- Has a keen sense of constraints, concerns, and opportunities from the client’s and agency’s perspective.
- Work with delivery and account team to understand and hit forecasts.
- Partner with account teams to ensure financial success of projects and brands.
- Partner with account management to lead the brand and understand the strategic imperatives and critical success factors of the brand. Ensure teams are aligned on what is required and identify any gaps in planning, services provided, or opportunities. Work with account teams to set client expectations and proactively manage concerns and issues, as needed.
- The APgM works independently and collaboratively. Management oversite is experience and proficiency dependent
- If applicable, Provide full management and support of team. Conduct interviews, onboard, train, and conduct coaching and review sessions. Provide support and talk with team about growth challenges and opportunities
- Identify where processes can be improved, develop an approach, and work with management to implement changes as needed
Reporting & Team
PgM reports to Delivery Director
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of project management experience, some account management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or operations management, advanced degree a plus
- Familiarity with the pharma, healthcare, or similar industry
- Experience in managing projects in an agency setting, including new business pitch work. Great understanding of print, digital, and video production work at varying level of scope and complexity. Experience in managing projects in multiple methodologies – waterfall and agile.
- A great communicator (verbal and written) with a strong attention to detail. Has experience with presenting in a business setting. Can present and lead prospect, client and internal meetings
- Experience in leading, collaborating, managing and working with teams (co-located, remote and cross-functional) to deliver on projects. Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to adjust style of management and communication (written and verbal) to fit the situation and individuals
- Proven ability to think on their feet, identify potential issues and work with their teams and management to solve
- Strong collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in managing at least 1 direct report in overseeing their work and career development. Experience in conducting interviews, writing reviews, working with direct reports on their growth plans, and able to have constructive conversations to improve performance. Able to lead direct reports in finding solutions and does not solve the issues for them (in most instances)
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite. Experience with project management tools such as Workfront, MS project, Smartsheet, and the like